#118: The Past / Top 5 Palme d'Or Winners
This week on The Essential Film Podcast, Simon and Ash finally get around to discussing Iranian director Asghar Farhadi's follow up to the immensely successful A Separation entitled The Past, and present each other with the most prestigious prize of all: their Top 5 Palme d'Or Winners. Enjoy!
The Show Notes may contain spoilers for this episode, including any ratings and lists discussed on the show. Reveal the Show Notes.
Simon - ★★★½
Ash - ★★★★
Top 5 Palme d'Or Winners
- Taste of Cherry (Dir. Abbas Kiarostami, 1997)
- Blowup (Dir. Michaelangelo Antonioni, 1966)
- Pulp Fiction (Dir. Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
- 4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days (Dir. Cristian Mungiu, 2007)
- If.... (Dir. Lindsay Anderson, 1968)