#119: Blue is the Warmest Colour / Top 5 Long Films
This week on The Essential Film Podcast, Simon and Ash get up close and personal for their discussion of the acclaimed Palme d'Or winning French film Blue Is the Warmest Colour and they make some serious indentations in their couch as they count down their top five long films. Enjoy!
The Show Notes may contain spoilers for this episode, including any ratings and lists discussed on the show. Reveal the Show Notes.
Blue Is the Warmest Colour
Simon - ★★★½
Ash - ★★★★½
Top 5 Long Films
- The Deer Hunter (Dir. Michael Cimino, 1978)
- The Thin Red Line (Dir. Terrence Malick, 1998)
- Once Upon a Time in America (Dir. Sergio Leone, 1984)
- Lawrence of Arabia (Dir. David Lean, 1962)
- Yi Yi (Dir. Edward Yang, 2000)